We’re feeling pretty optimistic about 2017! In anticipation of securing a few new contracts, we want to get ahead of things and start the search for new staff to add to our great team.
We are looking for people who want to join a team of hard-working, professional, fun people who take their work very seriously. If you like working with that kind of team, and you fit the description below, we’d like to hear from you!
Qualities of John Howard Society team members:
- University degree, or equivalent in demonstrated experience
- Good writing and communication skills
- Love to learn
- Comfortable with technology
- Supportive and collaborative
- Compassion for others’ lived experiences
We will provide job specific skills training but are looking for people who already have knowledge and experience in areas such as: group facilitation, one-on-one coaching and support, case management, addictions and mental health support services.
The John Howard Society offers strong leadership, competitive wages in the non-profit sector, meaningful work, on-going professional development opportunities, and a healthy, supportive work environment.
Job openings could include:
- STBBI prevention education facilitation within prisons
- Employment coaching for people with barriers to employment
- Program development for females who have been involved with the criminal justice system
- Entrepreneurship coaching for youth
- Group facilitation in a variety of topics
- Volunteer management (this is a part-time unpaid position)
Apply by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send us your resume, and in your email tell us a little bit about who you are, and how your skills and experience could be a good fit for the specific job(s) you are interested in.
We will be accepting applications until January 31st. Please feel free to pass this along to someone you know who may be interested in these opportunities.