The John Howard Society of Southeastern NB Inc. is looking for a mature person that they, and others, would describe as being genuine, hopeful and honest to fill the position of Program Facilitator. This is a 2-year contract. It is essential that this person’s values and lifestyle align with the core values of the John Howard Society (www.johnhowardsenb.com).
This new position will be a combination of group-based facilitation, and one-on-one support for men or women who are participating in one or more of our programs, such as: employment preparation, court-mandated programming (Anger Management, Violence Prevention), or transitioning into more self-sufficient living from transitional housing.
The successful candidate will have experience working with people, one-on-one or in groups, who have multiple needs that are creating barriers to healthy relationships and self-sufficiency.
It is essential that the successful candidate also have:
· strong oral and written communication skills,
· ability to develop content for group based workshops,
· confidence in facilitating groups of 10 people at various degrees of motivation to change,
· knowledge and experience in accessing community resources,
· strong networking skills and the ability to be a collaborative team member,
· excellent problem-solving skills,
· willingness to work evenings (1 night per week, 5:30 – 7:00 pm) if required.
Bilingualism would be an asset.
We are looking for someone with formal education, who can work fairly independently. Experience in the field of community corrections is not required, although it would be considered an asset.
We offer competitive wages, group health insurance plan, and a Family Responsive Workplace.
Please apply via email, with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org before June 30th, 2017.