The John Howard Society of Southeastern New Brunswick Inc. is a nonprofit, registered charity whose mandate is to work with individuals, families, and partner agencies on the root causes and consequences of crime. This involves a process of working collaboratively with these target groups to identify gaps in service that address root causes of crime and developing responses that are evidence-based, efficient, and relevant.
We are seeking a purpose-driven leader to the position of Executive Director in Moncton, NB.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the organization. As the ideal candidate, you will further engage and inspire the team’s commitment to the mission. You will drive the organization’s ability to achieve its annual and long-term goals and objectives in line with the mission, values, and the strategic and the critical priorities established by the Board of Directors.
You will provide direction and support to the leadership team and to staff; and ensure the organization meets its client, financial, operational, and organizational objectives. You will also oversee the agency’s relationship with, collaboration with, and outreach to external stakeholders such as funders, partners, governments agencies, and the community.
You should already have a degree of awareness of the Criminal Justice System and be an ambassador and advocate for harm reduction, Housing First, and restorative justice approaches and current best practices in mental health and addictions treatment modalities. You should also have a proven track record of progressive policy advocacy.
You are a people-centered leader, you work effectively in a cross-cultural environment and you are a respected professional among your peers. You have excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills and have a desire to help your team of capable professionals thrive in a family-responsive workplace.
- Minimum five years effectively leading a social service agency
- Completed a post-secondary degree in the criminal justice or human science disciplines, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated financial literacy and business acumen with proven results in budget management
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage and inspire a multidisciplinary team in a positive and supporting environment for internal and external employees and contractors
- Understanding of addictions, mental health, homelessness, and its role in criminal behavior
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with community groups, government agencies, partner organizations, municipalities and the surrounding communities.
- Previous experience in proposal writing, program and fund development is required
- Commitment to maintaining professional ethical standards and excellence in client service
- Must be able to achieve Enhanced Security Clearance through Canadian Industrial Securities Directorate
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
The John Howard Society of Southeastern New Brunswick is an equal opportunity employer that offers a Family-Responsive Workplace and a competitive compensation and benefits package. This is a full-time position (minimum of 40 hours/week) with some evening and weekends as required.
Please send your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications in confidence to our Recruitment Specialists by January 22, 2021, at R&R Solution:
Thank you to all applicants. Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.