Social Enterprise Employee Development Coach
**Position must be filled by March 1st, 2019**
The John Howard Society of Southeastern New Brunswick is partnering with 2 local non-profit businesses to help them develop their employees potential through life skills and employment skills workshops, and one-on-one coaching.
The objective of this program is to increase and provide the means for sustained employment for new staff at Green Trade and Inspiration Café, which will lead to the long-term success of these two very viable new businesses.
Duties will include:
- Developing and compiling appropriate workshop materials for a 26 week schedule.
- Facilitating workshops one day per week, using principles of adult education
- Assisting with processing wage subsidies for new employees
Working closely with Green Trade and Inspiration Café management in the coaching and training of their employees, and sharing of information to enhance their success
This is a full-time job, for a total of approximately 6 months. Salary is competitive. This contract could lead to other employment with the John Howard Society at the end of the contract.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- High level of self-awareness, and have excellent boundaries self-directedness, within a well-define scope of work
- Knowledge of basic life skills and employment preparation skills development approaches
- Positive and hopeful outlook on employment development belief in people’s ability to overcome challenges and be self-sufficient capacity to speak in English and French
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019. We are encouraging interested people to send a resume, and brief introduction within the body of an email, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible!
Greater Moncton Homelessness Steering Committee
Community Development Coordinator
**Position will begin April 1, 2019**
The Greater Moncton Homelessness Steering Committee (GMHSC) is an inter-agency committee representing agencies in Greater Moncton that work with the homeless population and those at risk of becoming homeless.
Established in 2000, the GMHSC provides leadership and coordinates communication among stakeholders and service providers to ensure the implementation of the Greater Moncton Community Plan on Homelessness. It also works to create public awareness about issues surrounding homelessness, poverty and housing.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and highly motivated individual to manage this initiative and help us forge new directions. Candidates for this position must be committed to the values and goals of the Greater Moncton Homelessness Steering committee.
The successful candidate will have experience working with multi-stakeholder initiatives, the ability to juggle numerous priorities while meeting Community Plan objectives and creating new opportunities.
Competencies and skills required:
- Knowledge of initiatives and approaches to addressing homelessness such as 20K Homes, Housing First
- Experience in partnership building and collaboration
- The ability to think strategically and beyond day to day detail
- Interest and experience in promoting public policy directions
- Ability to interact with data and tell the stories with dignity
- Proven track record of project management
- Excellent communications skills, including social media
- Ability to communication in both official languages would be considered an asset
This is a 1-year salaried position with the potential to be renewed.
Deadline to apply is March 15, 2019
Please submit application with a cover letter explaining your interest in the work of homelessness, specific qualifications and available start date. Your resume should include three references.
Please apply by email to:
Joanne@johnhowardsenb.com and include “Community Development Coordinator Position” in the Subject line.
Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.