As the host agency for the Greater Moncton Homelessness Steering Committee we are seeking applicants for a future opening for a Community Development Coordinator for the Committee.
The Greater Moncton Homelessness Steering Committee (GMHSC) is an inter-agency committee representing agencies in Greater Moncton that work with the homeless population and those at risk of becoming homeless.
Established in 2000, the GMHSC provides leadership and coordinates communication among stakeholders and service providers to ensure the implementation of the Greater Moncton Community Plan on Homelessness. It also works to create public awareness about issues surrounding homelessness, poverty and housing.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and highly motivated individual to manage this initiative and help us forge new directions. Candidates for this position must be committed to the values and goals of the Greater Moncton Homelessness Steering committee.
The successful candidate will have experience working with multi-stakeholder initiatives, the ability to juggle numerous priorities while meeting Community Plan objectives and creating new opportunities.
Competencies and skills required:
▪ Knowledge of initiatives and approaches to addressing homelessness such as 20K Homes and Housing First
▪ Experience in partnership building and collaboration
▪ The ability to think strategically and beyond day to day detail
▪ Interest and experience in promoting public policy directions
▪ Proven track record of project management
▪ Excellent communications skills, including social media
▪ Ability to communication in both official languages would be considered an asset
Deadline to apply is February 28th, 2019.
Please submit application with a cover letter explaining your interest in the work of homelessness, specific qualifications and available start date. Your resume should include three references.
Please apply by email to:
Joanne@johnhowardsenb.com and include “Community Development Coordinator Position” in the Subject line.
Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.